Monday, May 30, 2011

Why am I at my current job?

Lots of people might ask me why I am working where I am. This is why.


I am so blessed to have been given a job that has enabled me to spend time with my family and have weekends off to be able to attend and be involved in our Church. I have come to see my job as a means to an end. I no longer am searching for a career; God has put in my heart a clear vision for our lives in Cambodia. God re assures me everyday with signs that this is where I am to be.
This job does not provide me with much of an income, however I do have the ability to earn more through bonuses. I have full faith that all bonuses are a gift from God to be used to glorify God and expand his Kingdom. This $12.00hr pays for the basic needs for our life, but the bonus I can earn, can bring my income to 15-20 and hour. Since I have started this job, God has blessed me each month with more than enough. 
Most people would see that this job does not offer me much of an opportunity to improve the lifestyle of my wife and children. I will say that this job has given me a larger ability to trust in God in all I am and do, as well as to have faith each week that not one aspect of this job is me, but is God through me, using me in a situation to allow himself to be glorified and trusted.
It is very clear that God has orchestrated this moment in time for my life. Our call is to be missionaries in Cambodia. We have full assurance that our calling for Cambodia is now, and in the transition we still have to work as we prepare for our calling. I am here at a call center for a season while God prepares the way for Cambodia. My prayer each day, is that God might be glorified through the work and gifts he has given me. God is preparing my mind, body and soul, and each day I am that much closer to God as well as his calling on my life for Cambodia.

Prov 30:7-9

Father, give me only what I need.  I am blessed to be living paycheck to paycheck.  

No comments: